We all have read in the media these days the news saying that "Extra Virgin Oil may not be sold in plastic packaging to the consumer", according to the future regulation of the Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food.
OCTOBRIS is very happy with this initiative since we are very aware of the reduction in the use of plastic to save our planet. We must know that thousands of plastics, wipes, papers... threaten marine life every day and cause multiple damage to ecosystems.
It is no longer about situations that happen thousands of kilometers from our homes and that we think they do not affect us. Recently, we have been able to see the video recorded by a biologist from Alicante (IG: @thewildpassport) on the social networks. What it was going to be a video about the marine life in the area of La Cala de Alí (Alicante) became almost an horror video. Instead of fish he found a very different reality: remains of wipes, papers, plastics, fish hooks… etc.
We can and we must change this situation together!
Muntanya family and the OCTOBRIS project want to seek this respect for the environment and this sustainability in each of the phases.
Pioneers in the farming of organic olive groves since the 90’s, now we have wanted to go further with a global sustainability project which also contributes to maintain the crops of La Canyada neighbors —the town where OCTOBRIS is made— by making the production of ECOLOGICAL EVOO PREMIUM profitable, allowing the farming way of life and defending the small fields that surround our town and that are part of our environment and ecosystem.
Returning to the news of the regulation of the Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food on the elimination of plastic packaging in the marketing of Extra Virgin Olive Oils, OCTOBRIS has always been clear about this. All our EVOOs are packaged in glass and the 3,5 and 15liter formats in the so-called Bag in Box, a revolutionary packaging system that helps us to take care of our environment.
Thanks to the Bag In Box we get:
Better CO2 footprint
OCTOBRIS is committed to sustainability and ecological products! Taste our Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil and enjoy an incomparable flavor and aroma.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil, fruits, vegetables, white meat and nuts are the recommended foods for consumption during confinement and convalescence due to COVID-19.
Once again, the Mediterranean diet with the consumption of the food groups that characterize it (Extra Virgin Olive Oil,fruit, vegetables and legumes, less consumption of foods of animal origin, no pre-cooked and fast food) is one of the fundamental pillars to face the confinement due to COVID-19.
The Preventive Medicine Department of the Universitat de València propose a series of recommendations within the PredimedPlus research program.
These recommendations are addressed both to all citizens who remain at home and are forced to lead more sedentary lives, as well as to those who have been affected by the coronavirus.
Among the recommendations to be carried out in our diet to face the inactivity periods due to COVID-19 or the disease itself, it is important to follow a Mediterranean eating pattern (The most common among the Spanish people) which is based on the following guidelines:
- Good hydration. Daily consumption of 3 pieces of fruit together with 2 Drink a lot of water.
- Dairy products must be low fat or semi-cured
- Consumption of white meat before red meat
- Eat fish 2 or 3 times a week and eggs 3 to 4 times
- Restrict the alcohol consumption
- Use Extra Virgin Olive Oil, both for dressing and for cooking.
It should be said that Extra Virgin Olive Oil has been the protagonist of numerous studies in recent years that have revealed the anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory, cardio-protective and bactericidal benefits of its consumption. This way, it is not surprising that Extra Virgin Olive Oil is highly recommended for cooking, dressing, or in any other culinary technique before the pandemic of COVID-19.
Among all types of olive oil that we can find on the market, Bio Premium OCTOBRIS Extra Virgin Olive Oil is a first class oil produced in the interior of Alicante by the Muntanya family. A finest Extra Virgin Olive Oil directly obtained from olives grown in their own olive groves in the traditional or organic way. Small production but with a higher quality achieved by very own oils.
A 100% Mediterranean, 100% natural, 100% organic product that will give our dishes an extra flavor and will allow us to benefit from all its properties and benefits.
The Olive Oil High School (ESAO), has awarded OCTOBRIS as one of the 10 best Extra Virgin Olive Oils in the world at the ESAO AWARDS 2019/2020. OCTOBRIS has also won the 3rd prize in the EVOO category made by a producer in the Valencian Community (Spain), and the 1st prize in the Organic Production category.
BEST EVOO VALENCIAN COMMUNITY - MADE BY A PRODUCER:
- 1st prize for the best EVOO Valencian Community– made by a producer- Finca Varona La Vella de Organic Oleum S.L., Picual type.
- 2nd prize for the best EVOO Valencian Community– made by a producer - Mil.lenaries of Almàssera de Millena SAT - Castell de la Costurera, coupage Villalonga.
- 3rd prize for the best EVOO Valencian Community– made by a producer - OCTOBRIS of Aceites Montaña S.L, Organic Picual type.
This EVOO from Alicante becomes part of the exclusive list of the best oils in Spain and in the world in its organic Picual type, thus recognizing the quality of the oils of the Valencian Community, in general, and that of those made inland Alicante in particular.
OCTOBRIS oil is produced by a small family business in La Canyada (Aceites Montaña, SL), in a small oil mill in this small town of Alicante. They launched a limited production of its oil in 2020 under the “OCTOBRIS” brand with 2 modalities (Organic and Traditional), 5 flavors (Green, Ripe, Orange, Lemon and Rosemary) and an original process of sustainable packaging that reduces the carbon footprint and contributes to preserve nature.
Certified by the Organic Committee of the Valencian Community (CAECV), OCTOBRIS has managed to position itself as one of the best 10 oils in the world thanks to its traditional process of olives’ collection in October, when the olive reaches the most intense greening and the optimal nuances of freshness, aroma and flavor. An extra virgin oil (EVOO) which is committed to quality rather than quantity.
OCTOBRIS is a romantic and, at the beginning, utopian project rooted in the centuries-old family tradition of the Muntanya familiy. OCTOBRIS oils is a project with the aim to recover the origins of oil production, taking it to the 21st Century.
OCTOBRIS oils rest on 3 fundamental pillars:
- Tradition: Maintaining family farming and helping small local neighbors, having a collaborative relationship with the local oil mill with the aim to give an added value to everything rural. Creating wealth so that olive groves are not abandoned while respecting the philosophy of our ancestors, who already produced oil for centuries; prioritizing quality over quantity.
- Technology: Using advanced technology and pioneering processes to offer a product with the quality, food safety and respect for the environment required by the Organic Farming Committee of the Valencian Community and by the the most demanding customers.
- Sustainability: Putting special interest in the whole project. From the care of the olive trees, the environmental and sustainable management of the resources, the elaboration process up to its packaging, storage and consumption. Betting on the incorporation of the Bag In Box; a revolutionary packaging and logistics system that improves oil quality, food safety while reducing the carbon footprint and environmentally improving both the process and the final product.
Find out OCTOBRIS and discover the Green and Ripe Organic EVOOs in and the oils flavored with Organic Orange, Organic Lemon and Organic Rosemary.
Organic Premium OCTOBRIS Extra Virgin Olive Oil (pure freshly picked olive juice), with an exquisite aroma and flavor. Try them, it will never be like before.
New studies support the benefits of Extra Virgin Olive Oil EVOO for physical and mental health, and the need to incorporate it into the daily diet.
After hundreds, thousands of researches on EVOO, the study promoted by Spanish universities and research centers (PREDIMED) confirmed the health benefits of the so-called Mediterranean Diet and its main food, the Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
If anyone still has doubts about the benefits of this source of dietary fat, it has just been published in 2020 a new study in the 'Journal of the American College of Cardiology' under the title 'Olive Oil Consumption and Cardiovascular Risk in U.S. Adults'. The work ratifies all the PREDIDEM’s conclusions while incorporating the benefits of EVOO for people's mental health.
Experts recommend the consumption of 40 to 50 grams a day of EVOO as the only source of dietary fat.
Another of the conclusions of this study coinciding with those of PROMIDED is the lack of knowledge about the different types of oil by the population and, consequently, the widespread consumption of cheap oils such as olive-pomace, refined or the so popular olive oil (from refined and chemically cooked oils). All this to the detriment of EVOO (made only with pure oil juice by a physical process of extraction by shaking and centrifuging at low temperature) which is obviously more expensive but is the only one recommended to reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
Daily consumption of more than 7 grams of EVOO reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease by 14% and coronary heart disease by 18%.
In this sense, we recall the different types of oil according to their properties and qualities:
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO). Pure olive oil juice that is considered “extra” as it has no defects in the tasting panel (taste or smell), is not mixed with other oils and does not exceed 0.8% of oleic acid (0.8º of acidity).
- Virgin olive oil (AOV). Oil with a maximum degree of acidity of 2º and with defects in tasting, but always below the average of 3.5.
- Lampante oil. Oil with a degree of acidity greater than 2 and with an average of tasting defects greater than 3.5.
- Refined olive oil. Oil that is treated with chemical processes to correct its taste, smell or excessive acidity.
- Olive pomace oil. The one obtained by chemical processes with the pulp of the olive that only has 2% of oil juice.
- Olive Oil: These are oils from refined or pomace oils to which a minimum percentage —between 5-10% of EVOO or AOV— is added. They are oils made in the laboratory, generally sweet for the palate of the average consumer.
In addition to confirm the benefits of EVOO for our physical health, the study also highlights the mental benefits of EVOO due to the effect of the oil’s properties on our brain molecules;.For example, the antioxidants contribute to maintain an adequate blood flow.
BIO Octobris EVOO, the secret of the Muntanya family
This year, the Muntanya family llaunches a limited production of the “OCTOBRIS” EVOO, with two modalities (Organic and Traditional), 5 flavors (Green, Ripe, Orange, Lemon and Rosemary) and an original process of sustainable packaging, the Bag in Box, which reduces the carbon footprint, improves logistics and contributes to preserve nature..
The Organic type, BIO OCTOBRIS oil is accredited by the Ecological Agriculture Committee of the Valencian Community, official entity which guarantees that only organic fertilizers have been used in its harvest and that the environment of its fields, the handling of the product and its commercialization complies with the regulations on ecological agri-food production of the EU..
Find out the benefits of Octobris EVOO in some of its flavors:
- Green - Organic Premium OCTOBRIS Extra Virgin Olive Oil/strong> tastes and smells like olive leaf, freshly cut grass, tomato plant and green artichoke.
- Ripe - Sweet and aromatic oil. Intense and persistent. Oil with a lot of body and personality. Ripe organic Premium OCTOBRIS Extra Virgin Olive Oil tastes and smells like artichoke, almond, ripe tomato and ripe fruit: banana and apple.
- Orange - The Seasoning based on Orange Organic Premium OCTOBRIS Extra Virgin Olive Oil has a citrus aroma, fruitiness and freshness. It tastes and smells like orange blossom, orange, fruit salad.
- Lemon - Lemon is the clear protagonist of this seasoning based on the Organic Premium OCTOBRIS Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Its aroma is citric, fruity and fresh and immediately reminds us of lemons, lime and fresh grass due to its intense lemon aroma.
- Rosemary - The Seasoning based on the Rosemary Organic Premium OCTOBRIS Extra Virgin Olive Oil
has an aroma of herbs and flowers. It tastes and smells like bush and aromatic herbs after raining due to its intense rosemary aroma.
- Traditional Green– Aromatic, intense and persistent oil. Oil with great personality, body and high intensity in green olive.
- Traditional Ripe - It is an oil that gives us notes of bitterness and an intense flavor in the mouth.
Buy online OCTOBRIS and find out the true flavor of Premium Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Alicante, its properties, benefits and usefulness in original dishes of the Mediterranean diet thanks to the limited OCTOBRIS production, the secret of the Muntanya family.