EVOO; cornerstone of “Mens Sana in Corpore Sano”
New studies support the benefits of Extra Virgin Olive Oil EVOO for physical and mental health, and the need to incorporate it into the daily diet.
After hundreds, thousands of researches on EVOO, the study promoted by Spanish universities and research centers (PREDIMED) confirmed the health benefits of the so-called Mediterranean Diet and its main food, the Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
If anyone still has doubts about the benefits of this source of dietary fat, it has just been published in 2020 a new study in the ‘Journal of the American College of Cardiology’ under the title ‘Olive Oil Consumption and Cardiovascular Risk in U.S. Adults’. The work ratifies all the PREDIDEM’s conclusions while incorporating the benefits of EVOO for people’s mental health.
Experts recommend the consumption of 40 to 50 grams a day of EVOO as the only source of dietary fat.
Another of the conclusions of this study coinciding with those of PROMIDED is the lack of knowledge about the different types of oil by the population and, consequently, the widespread consumption of cheap oils such as olive-pomace, refined or the so popular olive oil (from refined and chemically cooked oils). All this to the detriment of EVOO (made only with pure oil juice by a physical process of extraction by shaking and centrifuging at low temperature) which is obviously more expensive but is the only one recommended to reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
Daily consumption of more than 7 grams of EVOO reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease by 14% and coronary heart disease by 18%.
In this sense, we recall the different types of oil according to their properties and qualities:
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO). Pure olive oil juice that is considered “extra” as it has no defects in the tasting panel (taste or smell), is not mixed with other oils and does not exceed 0.8% of oleic acid (0.8º of acidity).
- Virgin olive oil (AOV). Oil with a maximum degree of acidity of 2º and with defects in tasting, but always below the average of 3.5.
- Lampante oil. Oil with a degree of acidity greater than 2 and with an average of tasting defects greater than 3.5.
- Refined olive oil. Oil that is treated with chemical processes to correct its taste, smell or excessive acidity.
- Olive pomace oil. The one obtained by chemical processes with the pulp of the olive that only has 2% of oil juice.
- Olive Oil: These are oils from refined or pomace oils to which a minimum percentage —between 5-10% of EVOO or AOV— is added. They are oils made in the laboratory, generally sweet for the palate of the average consumer.
In addition to confirm the benefits of EVOO for our physical health, the study also highlights the mental benefits of EVOO due to the effect of the oil’s properties on our brain molecules;.For example, the antioxidants contribute to maintain an adequate blood flow.
BIO Octobris EVOO, the secret of the Muntanya family
This year, the Muntanya family llaunches a limited production of the “OCTOBRIS” EVOO, with two modalities (Organic and Traditional), 5 flavors (Green, Ripe, Orange, Lemon and Rosemary) and an original process of sustainable packaging, the Bag in Box, which reduces the carbon footprint, improves logistics and contributes to preserve nature..
The Organic type, BIO OCTOBRIS oil is accredited by the Ecological Agriculture Committee of the Valencian Community, official entity which guarantees that only organic fertilizers have been used in its harvest and that the environment of its fields, the handling of the product and its commercialization complies with the regulations on ecological agri-food production of the EU..
Find out the benefits of Octobris EVOO in some of its flavors:
– Green – Organic Premium OCTOBRIS Extra Virgin Olive Oil/strong> tastes and smells like olive leaf, freshly cut grass, tomato plant and green artichoke.
– Ripe – Sweet and aromatic oil. Intense and persistent. Oil with a lot of body and personality. Ripe organic Premium OCTOBRIS Extra Virgin Olive Oil tastes and smells like artichoke, almond, ripe tomato and ripe fruit: banana and apple.
– Orange – The Seasoning based on Orange Organic Premium OCTOBRIS Extra Virgin Olive Oil has a citrus aroma, fruitiness and freshness. It tastes and smells like orange blossom, orange, fruit salad.
– Lemon – Lemon is the clear protagonist of this seasoning based on the Organic Premium OCTOBRIS Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Its aroma is citric, fruity and fresh and immediately reminds us of lemons, lime and fresh grass due to its intense lemon aroma.
– Rosemary – The Seasoning based on the Rosemary Organic Premium OCTOBRIS Extra Virgin Olive Oil
has an aroma of herbs and flowers. It tastes and smells like bush and aromatic herbs after raining due to its intense rosemary aroma.
– Traditional Green– Aromatic, intense and persistent oil. Oil with great personality, body and high intensity in green olive.
– Traditional Ripe – It is an oil that gives us notes of bitterness and an intense flavor in the mouth.
Buy online OCTOBRIS and find out the true flavor of Premium Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Alicante, its properties, benefits and usefulness in original dishes of the Mediterranean diet thanks to the limited OCTOBRIS production, the secret of the Muntanya family.