OCTOBRIS, top ten Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oils in the world
The Olive Oil High School (ESAO), has awarded OCTOBRIS as one of the 10 best Extra Virgin Olive Oils in the world at the ESAO AWARDS 2019/2020. OCTOBRIS has also won the 3rd prize in the EVOO category made by a producer in the Valencian Community (Spain), and the 1st prize in the Organic Production category.
BEST EVOO VALENCIAN COMMUNITY – MADE BY A PRODUCER:
- 1st prize for the best EVOO Valencian Community– made by a producer- Finca Varona La Vella de Organic Oleum S.L., Picual type.
- 2nd prize for the best EVOO Valencian Community– made by a producer – Mil.lenaries of Almàssera de Millena SAT – Castell de la Costurera, coupage Villalonga.
- 3rd prize for the best EVOO Valencian Community– made by a producer – OCTOBRIS of Aceites Montaña S.L, Organic Picual type.
This EVOO from Alicante becomes part of the exclusive list of the best oils in Spain and in the world in its organic Picual type, thus recognizing the quality of the oils of the Valencian Community, in general, and that of those made inland Alicante in particular.
OCTOBRIS oil is produced by a small family business in La Canyada (Aceites Montaña, SL), in a small oil mill in this small town of Alicante. They launched a limited production of its oil in 2020 under the “OCTOBRIS” brand with 2 modalities (Organic and Traditional), 5 flavors (Green, Ripe, Orange, Lemon and Rosemary) and an original process of sustainable packaging that reduces the carbon footprint and contributes to preserve nature.
Certified by the Organic Committee of the Valencian Community (CAECV), OCTOBRIS has managed to position itself as one of the best 10 oils in the world thanks to its traditional process of olives’ collection in October, when the olive reaches the most intense greening and the optimal nuances of freshness, aroma and flavor. An extra virgin oil (EVOO) which is committed to quality rather than quantity.
OCTOBRIS is a romantic and, at the beginning, utopian project rooted in the centuries-old family tradition of the Muntanya familiy. OCTOBRIS oils is a project with the aim to recover the origins of oil production, taking it to the 21st Century.
OCTOBRIS oils rest on 3 fundamental pillars:
- Tradition: Maintaining family farming and helping small local neighbors, having a collaborative relationship with the local oil mill with the aim to give an added value to everything rural. Creating wealth so that olive groves are not abandoned while respecting the philosophy of our ancestors, who already produced oil for centuries; prioritizing quality over quantity.
- Technology: Using advanced technology and pioneering processes to offer a product with the quality, food safety and respect for the environment required by the Organic Farming Committee of the Valencian Community and by the the most demanding customers.
- Sustainability: Putting special interest in the whole project. From the care of the olive trees, the environmental and sustainable management of the resources, the elaboration process up to its packaging, storage and consumption. Betting on the incorporation of the Bag In Box; a revolutionary packaging and logistics system that improves oil quality, food safety while reducing the carbon footprint and environmentally improving both the process and the final product.
Find out OCTOBRIS and discover the Green and Ripe Organic EVOOs in and the oils flavored with Organic Orange, Organic Lemon and Organic Rosemary.
Organic Premium OCTOBRIS Extra Virgin Olive Oil (pure freshly picked olive juice), with an exquisite aroma and flavor. Try them, it will never be like before.